Episode 50: A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir
Hello, beautiful coven! We’re back for season 4 with all new episodes, and we’re starting out strong with A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir, the final book in An Ember in the Ashes series. If you want to check out the other books’ discussions you can find them here: An Ember in the Ashes, A Torch Against the Night, & A Reaper at the Gates.
A quick reminder: we still have a survey going on, and it is helping to shape the future of the show! Please take it if you have a chance. You can also support the show by becoming a member on Patreon, tipping us on Ko-Fi, or purchasing books using out affiliate link with Bookshop.org.
Ok, on to the show notes!
- Check out the rest of the books in the upcoming season on our future episodes page
- Recommend if you like (RIYL): Hunger Games, Star Wars, Red Queen, The Cruel Prince, ACOTAR, We Hunt the Flame
- Vampire Diaries
- Dr. Saidiya V. Hartman
- Hank Green on villains: “Are We the Baddies?? A Quick Look at a Discourse”
- K mentions Tara Brach in regard to meditation
- You’re the Worst – the leg washing scene
- “The Hygiene Culture Wars That Started on Social Media” by Nicole Froio
- Red Nation Rising: From Bordertown Violence to Native Liberation
- Red Media
- K mentions The Red Nation podcast and The Red Nation hosts other podcasts as well
- The Cultural Politics of Emotion by Sara Ahmed
- This American Life
- The Black Archives on Instagram
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
As always, we’d love to be in discussion with you, magical people. Post or tweet about the show using #CriticallyReading or #TheLibrarycoven. Let us know what you think of the episode, anything we missed, or anything else you want us to know by dropping a line in the comments or reaching out to us on twitter or Instagram (@thelibrarycoven), or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also check out the show notes on our website, thelibrarycoven.com.
We really appreciate ratings and reviews on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or any other platforms. Help us share the magic by spreading the word about the podcast!
Please support our labor by leaving us a one-time tip on Ko-fi or purchasing books from our Bookshop! Even better yet, become a monthly patron via Patreon and you can unlock a bunch of exclusive perks like access to our community of reader-listeners on Discord.
Our cover art is by the talented artist nimsby. The podcast theme song is “Unermerry Academy of Magics” by Augustin C from the album “Fantasy Music”, which you can download on FreeMusicArchive.com.
The Library Coven is recorded and produced on stolen indigenous land: Arapahoe, Cheyenne, and Ute (Kelly) and Chickasha, Kaskaskia, Kickapoo, Mascoutin, Miami, Mesquaki, Odawa, Ojibwe, Peankashaw, Peoria, Potawatomi, Sauk, and Wea (Jessie)
#LandBack. You can support Indigenous communities by donating to Mitakuye Foundation, Native Women’s Wilderness, or the Navajo Water Project. These suggested places came from @lilnativeboy.